Discover a super fast way to make a healthy fast food! This cajun king prawn wrap complete with chimichurri and yoghurt sauce is a nod to Applebee’s cajun wrap in Borough Market, London.
For years I used to work about a 5 minute walk from Borough Market, London. For those of you who don’t know about this market, it is quite possibly one of the best food markets anywhere. It is absolutely a must visit location if you live in London or are planning to visit there. Full to the brim with cafes, bars, restaurants, food stalls and market produce, it is without a doubt one of my favourite places in London and I never tired of its hustle and bustle.
Every Thursday and Friday, at precisely midday, Applebee’s cajun fish stall opens. My friend Nathan and I used to head down there early, and join the line just before midday, to ensure we didn’t have to wait the 30 minutes or so that late comers would be forced to wait. The line gets very long very fast.
Why? Because their wraps are unbelievably delicious and word spreads fast!
Now that I live on the other side of the world, I can’t just pop down to grab an Applebee’s cajun king prawn wrap whenever I fancy. So the only other option for me is to make my own version.
So, meet my cajun king prawn wrap with garlic yoghurt and chimichurri sauce:
It is delicious! It’s also very fast and easy to make.
First you make 2 very easy and quick sauces, neither will take longer than a couple of minutes to make.
You then coat your prawns in the cajun spice mix.
Quickly chop the lettuce and avocado.
Fry the prawns for a couple of minutes.
Then arrange the wrap ingredients on the tortilla breads.
Lastly, wrap, then eat!
These cajun king prawn wraps are:
- 18 large king prawns, you can use frozen but they need to be defrosted with tails off. (You will need 3 king prawns per wrap)
- 6 tortilla wraps
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ½ cup greek yoghurt
- juice ½ lemon (more to taste)
- salt, for seasoning
- 3 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp plain white flour
- 1 avocado, chopped into cubes
- ½ lettuce, chopped finely into cubed pieces
- 6 Tbsp chimichurri (you can use store bought or make our chimichurri)
- 2 Tbsp oil (for frying)
- To a container add the cajun seasoning, flour and a few decent shakes of salt, stir well. Add the prawns and make sure that they are covered with the cajun mixture. Leave in the fridge until required.
- Mix the yoghurt, garlic and lemon juice together, season with salt and adjust the amount of garlic and salt to suit your taste.
- Make the chimichurri in a food processor. Skip this step if using a store bought one.
- Fry the prawns in oil until golden brown on each side.
- Heat the mini tortilla wraps in a frying pan making sure to flip them so that each side gets heated nicely.
- On each tortilla wrap layer some lettuce first then some avocado pieces and finally 3 prawns.
- Drizzle some chimichurri sauce and yoghurt sauce over top.
- Wrap to eat and serve hot.