Discover how to make a beautiful sauce that can be used as a marinade for vegetables, fish or meat. You can also use it as a delicious spicy sauce
If there is one sauce I love to have in my fridge it’s Chimichurri.
Words to describe it:
It’s so fresh and zingy tasting and is perfect as a marinade for vegetables or as a fresh and delicious sauce for fish or meats.
I cannot emphasise how much I love and use this sauce. I use it a lot!
It is really, really simple to make as it involves just blending the ingredients. You can then store it in the fridge for about a week in an airtight container.
I la-la-love this sauce!
Definitely try and use a good quality extra virgin olive oil as if you make it with normal olive oil, it won’t be as thick and wonderful.
You are going to see this tasty sauce crop up in a lot of my recipes!
- 1 cup fresh parsley, I use curly parsley
- ½ cup fresh coriander/cilantro
- ¾ tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (I think this makes a superior chimichurri than regular olive oil)
- ½ red onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- salt for seasoning, optional
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until a sauce consistency is achieved.
- Season with salt if you want to, but it isn't required.
- Store in the fridge until required.