Discover a quick and beautifully creamy pea and mint quinoa pasta for 1. Made from frozen peas and ready in less than 20 minutes.
Ok strictly speaking, 250 grams of pasta is probably enough food for 2 people, but I was really hungry when I made this! So feel free to halve it and give half to a friend, but mine is all mine! OK! It’s all miiiinnnnneee (evil laugh).
We’ve all been in this position haven’t we? You’re home alone, you get super busy doing something really important and then suddenly realise you are so frickin hungry and it’s kind of too late to make anything that is going to take ages, but you still want something really delicious. And just like that you realise you are at the mercy of your pantry.
This was me today. I got so caught up in some work that I then needed something fast! Thankfully I had frozen peas and quinoa pasta, so I knew I had some semblance of a meal.
Creativity started to kick in, grab some mint from the garden, throw in some creme fraiche, bit of lemon, tahini . . . tadaaaaa bellissimo!
It really is delicious, it’s gluten free, it’s creamy, it’s green, it’s minty fresh!
Make sure you add the splash of hot pasta water to the sauce as it means the sauce will be silky smooth. Also, don’t hold back on the salt seasoning as a decent shake really makes the flavours pop.
I hope you like it!
- 250g quinoa pasta
- parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- For the sauce:
- 100g Frozen peas
- 1 bunch mint
- 2 Tbsp low fat creme fraiche
- 1 Tbsp lemon and zest
- 1-2 tsp tahini (Depending on your taste)
- Salt, for seasoning
- pepper, for seasoning
- Cook your quinoa pasta as per packet instructions. (Mine took 15 minutes) Keep the pasta water.
- Put peas in boiling water for 1 minute then plunge into cold water to stop them cooking. Drain.
- Blend all of the sauce ingredients, except the creme fraiche, with a food processor.
- Stir the creme fraiche into the sauce.
- Add a small splash of the pasta water to the sauce.
- Add in a decent amount of salt to your taste.
- Stir the sauce through the pasta and serve with pepper and shaved parmesan on top. (optional)