Discover how to make a rich vegan chocolate mousse in 5 minutes with absolutely no dairy and no sugar. This mousse will fool any mousse connoisseur!
I occasionally crave something super sweet and delicious, but like most people don’t want the guilt and calories associated with eating a large portion of dessert!
So, this vegan chocolate mousse made with banana and avocado is a perfect solution for me when I get those sweet cravings as it’s virtually guilt free!
It’s really easy to make, everything gets plonked into a food processor and blended until smooth. Then it’s just a case of chilling it until it is ready to eat!
You can serve it with fruit if you don’t want to feel too guilty! 🙂
If you are going to use coconut milk instead of coconut cream, then put the tin in the fridge overnight and then when you make the recipe scoop off the thickened cream to use.
Don’t throw away the watery coconut liquid though as it is great in smoothies!
This vegan chocolate mousse recipe is an absolute winner because it is:
Absolutely frickin delicious!
- 1 large avocado, pip removed scoop out the flesh
- ⅓ cup coconut cream (sub with coconut milk but keep tin in fridge overnight and only use thickened creamy bit)
- 2 heaped tsp dark cocoa powder, add more to your taste (Can sub with cacao powder)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 prunes (optional)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup (or honey if not making vegan). Add more to suit taste.
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste the dessert and add more maple syrup/agave syrup or cocoa powder if needed.
- Put into small ramekins and serve when chilled.