A rich, raw, vegan, chocolatey brownie which tastes so good, you won’t believe you made it!
Sometimes it’s nice to challenge yourself to make something that you don’t really think is possible. In this instance it’s these vegan, chocolate brownies.
Just the name indicates that it’s probably not possible. But of course it is!
When I told my husband I was making these he did a little eye roll, I knew he was thinking: they are not going to taste like chocolate brownies.
Fast forward 20 minutes or so and he was oohing and ahhhing over how delicious these brownies are. The best thing about them is they are no cook! So really, how much easier could they be? I really do think that they taste better with my boozy prunes added, but if you haven’t made them yet then you can make them with vanilla or rum essence.
These are a perfect after dinner treat or would be amazing served as part of a vegan high tea!
- 1 cup brazil nuts
- 1 cup prunes
- 4 Tbsp dessicated coconut
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 boozy prunes (see recipe), or replace with 4 prunes and 1 tsp vanilla or rum essence
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup or honey (if not making vegan)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until it is wet but still a little crumbly. Add a little water if you need to but don't make it too wet.
- Push the mixture evenly into a tin so that mixture is about 2-3cm high.
- Cut into rectangle brownie shapes.
- Put the tin into the fridge to set.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cocoa powder over top.