A chocolatey, frozen cheesecake that is all about the blending instead of the cooking. You won’t need an oven to make this, simply a food processor/blender and a freezer. It will serve 8 people and last a week in the freezer. Yum!
Fast, delicious, chocolatey, low fat, no cheese, no cook cheesecake! Is this even possible I hear you ask?
Of course it is!
Once again cashews prove they are the best no dairy cheese substitute and really help to make this no dairy cheesecake taste just like the original dairy version! In fact I would go as far as to say that this no dairy chocolate cheesecake actually tastes better than the dairy ones, but don’t just take my word for it . . .
- ½ cup brazil nuts
- ½ cup almond nuts
- 4 Tbsp good quality cocoa powder
- 1 cup dates
- 1 handful cranberries
- 5 Tbsp honey (do not use if making vegan) or agave syrup (use if making vegan) or maple syrup (use if making vegan)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2½ cups cashew nuts
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- Sprinkle cocoa nibs over the bottom of your tin (this will stop the cheesecake sticking to the bottom).
- In a food processor put the brazil nuts, almond nuts, cranberries, salt, dates and 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and blend until it is wet enough to be pushed into the bottom of a tin and then do just that, push the mixture evenly into the bottom of a tin (I use a spring tin).
- in a food processor add: cashew nuts, lemon juice, agave syrup/or honey, vanilla essence, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and ¼ cup of water and blend. You want it to have a thick batter consistency. If it is too thick add a little bit of water and blend some more.
- Add some more cocoa or honey/agave so that it suits your taste, then pour the mixture over the base.
- Put into the freezer until ready to eat. (preferably over night).
- Defrost a little as you want to eat it. I serve mine with fresh berries on top and a sprinkle of cocoa powder and a berry coulis.